Monday, February 1, 2010

Stressful Times--Stressful Parenting

Times are stressful--especially for parents. Within the last 2 months I have had 4 dear, dear friends ask me for prayer for their sons. I am not talking about the everyday teenage drama of being mouthy or obnoxious manners. I write of heart-wrenching issues that range the gamut of out of control behavior, drugs, gender issues, and mental illness.

Families are battling the ecomomy, job struggles, health insurance issues, then throw on the pressure of trying to make the best parenting decisions on behalf of their children--stress. So what's a parent to do? My best recommendation is to find a friend and pray together for your children. Because God still sits on the throne!

Yesterday at my church, our message was on living in this new world we have found ourselves in. Our pastor called it the "new normal." I agree the world is a new place with terrorism fears, economic collaspe and everything else that seems to be falling apart, but God still reigns. He still hears our prayers. He still answers.

Thankfully, we have the Lord to fall back on.

Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you. for you will answer me. Psalms 86:6-7

Tune in tomorrow and read my devotion: Is That Your Child?

Keep the Heart-Print Faith--Fun, Fearless and Fulfilled,




1 comment:

Margaret said...

Yes, times are difficult, but Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. PTL!