Monday, December 14, 2009

Head Over Heels About Christmas





Christmas is my favorite time of year. I get head over heels about it. Mark and I have made 8 batches of carmel corn and 4 batches of fudge to take to Christmas parties and to give as gifts. On Thursday night he was scooping out the remaining carmel in the pan to eat and suddenly the funniest look crossed his face. He said, "Oh no!" He pulled it out of his mouth along with a gold filling and a dental crown--two teeth damaged. Honestly, I tried not to laugh, but . . .





Mark left a message at the dental office. They called him before 7:00 AM and said come on in. They cemented the pieces back in place with no charge and said, "Merry Christmas! Stay away from sticky foods!" Mark gave them a tub of the carmel corn.





Now that made me feel head over heals for my sweet dentist's office, because when I saw those crumbled teeth, I calculated about $1000.00 in dental bills.






Some Christmas's are better than others. So far, this one has been filled with joy and excitement. I will have my family with me which makes it wonderful. Tomorrow we are going to head to the mountains to play in the snow with my Michael, my 2-year old grandson. We will listen to Christmas music on the way and drink hot chocolate.




This is my top 10 favorite things about Christmas 2009.


#1 Jesus & the joyful new life He gives.


#2. My family


#3. Fun food--even the chewy carmel corn


#4 Christmas CD by Andre Bocelli


#5 Watching sappy Christmas movies


#6 Smelling the pine scent from the wreath


#7 Anticipating the faces of my grandkids on Christmas morning


#8 Turkey dinner


#9 Playing games


#10 Reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens for the 100th or so time.


Candy Cane Kisses,



Susanne


2 comments:

Stephanie Brandt said...

What cute pictures! (ok, so I'm a little biased.) We are all excited to be there in a week. Every single day Emily and Bri talk about flying in the airplane to Grandma Susanne's. It'll be a wonderful Christmas.

LisaKnowsTea said...

Wish I was there to share in your Christmas joy and desserts. Glad though to not have dental issues from the carmel corn!