Thursday, July 9, 2009

Babbling about Books--Thursday

Redeeming Love
Author: Francine Rivers
Christian Fiction
Publisher: Multnomah

If you haven’t read Redeeming Love, you should. It is one of my all-time favorite books. I read it a couple of years ago. Now, I just listened to it on my i-pod. All I can say is that when I read it in book form I couldn’t put it down. When I listened to it on my i-pod, my ears hurt from the continuous pressure of the ear buds.

In the audio version, at the end they interview Francine Rivers. She discusses that before she became a Christian she wrote steamy historical fiction. After becoming a Christ follower, she put her writing aside for three years. She immersed herself in God’s Word. Eventually, she felt led to write Redeeming Love, which is based on the biblical story of Hosea and Gomer. However, she places the story in California during the Gold Rush with the characters renamed Michael and Angel. Redeeming Love was her first Christian novel. Since then she has written many more, but I think Redeeming Love will be a classic.

Kudos to Multnomah Books for taking the risk of publishing this unique book. It contains child molestation, prostitution, forgiveness, grace and true love.

Read it!

No comments: