Saturday, March 14, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

As we talk about aging, one of the blessings of aging is watching your children become adults. For myself, my children are now my best friends. I have a blast with them--no one can make me laugh harder or smile more.

Here's a picture of my son when he was almost three. Every Christmas season I set out this picture as a reminder of my blessing and how fast time flies.


More years than I care to count have passed since this was photo was taken. But here's why we can rejoice as years turn into decades. The next photo is of my grandson taken recently. It was created to mirror his daddy's photo.


So again, I will revel in this picture and treasure my time with the most precious people I know. I will smile and laugh--bring on those laugh lines!

Smiles!

1 comment:

MrsProverbs31 said...

Oh, no one can resist those smiles.

I want to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your P31 devotion for last Wednesday.

Thank you for reminding us to develop true/genuine faith.