Monday, February 16, 2009

Where in the World is Susanne the Blogger

Well, I have certainly fallen off the ends of the blogging world, haven’t I? Here’s what has happened to me. I became addicted to Facebook and Twitter. All of sudden I found myself Twittering to my tweets and making friends on Facebook.

I really had no intention of doing either, until my editor “suggested” I become an active member on both. I asked my son to help me set up FB and he said and I quote, “That is the most asinine thing I have ever heard. No one over the age of 35 should be on FB.”

Oh well! I am on Facebook along with 175 million other people who most likely are over the age of 35. It’s a fun and quick way to stay connected with your friends. I am hooked on it.

Then after Facebook came Twitter. Twitter is like FB, except it is quicker and usually from your phone, which then places your twitter on the wall of your Facebook. Then your friends are called Tweets. Confused? That’s OK! I am still learning all the new techniques of social networking along with everyone else.

On Weekend Today, the anchor Lester Holt discussed “Etiquette for Social Networking.” It was fun to watch, especially at the end when Holt asked, “Does anyone use phones anymore?" I wanted to email in, “Yes, we use phones to Facebook and Twitter.”

Now, I want you to know I am back to the blogging world. I think I can juggle blogging, FB, and Twitter, too. However, if you want to know more about my day and you have lots of extra time (ha-ha), here are the links if you would like to find me on Facebook or Twitter. Join up; it’s fun and the quickest way to catch up with your friends and tweets.

http://www.facebook.com/

http://www.twitter.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....and we are so glad you have joined us at FB!!!!

I, too, have been feeling as though I'm neglecting my blog--it's important, isn't it to make new friends...but keep the old...

Are you singing with me yet....

"One is silver and the other gold!"

:) Diane