Friday, September 12, 2008

A Day Off ?

My favorite commercial on TV right now, is a State Farm commercial. (Of course, it could have something to do with the fact my husband is a State Farm agent.) Anyway, I digress. The ad is the one with the young woman sitting in the airport with her laptop. She's complaining about how busy her life is and then she says, "I haven't had a day off since the 3rd grade!" Oh my! How I relate to that statement.

Life is so busy all the time. Even when I plan a day off, something happens, like my water heater ruptures, the car breakdowns or someone invites us to something that I feel we just can't miss. Honestly, it's been like that since the 3rd grade.

Currently, I am holed up finishing up my next manuscript. For the next ten day, my life is married to this manuscript. Once it in the hands of my editor. I am taking a day off!

No comments: