Friday, August 29, 2008

In Hot Water

Every time my husband is gone away from home for an extended time a "home crisis" occurs. Once the freezer in garage went out. I came home to discover blood running down my driveway from the unthawed meat! Gross! The list of these type of "trials" could go on and on.

As I said in my last post, my husband is in Milwaukee being a Harley biker. I'm tucked away writing the manuscript for my next book. Everything is calm and quiet. Until I trot out to the garage to get myself a diet Pepsi. Stop! Wait! Water is running through the garage and and down the driveway. Oh, great! The hot water heater ruptured--now I have no hot water and a soggy garage. Oh, well. What did Peter say?

"I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation in the meantime. So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine (1 Peter 1:6,7 MSG)."

Okey, dokey! I will rejoice in the streams of hot water until the plumber arrives. Now what did I go into the garage for anyway?

1 comment:

Samantha @ the Listener's post said...

Oh no! We had the same thing happen just a couple of weeks ago - our garage is still not back "in order" (not that it was ever in order in the first place, or that we've particularly tried hard to rearrange it back to it's original organized chaos). My heart feels for you - at least I had my husband here to help! I'll be praying for you. There must be something really good in that book you're writing to warrant such a distraction!

In Him,
Sam